SDC PLATINUM INVESTMENT BANKING DEAL ACTIVITY
Securities Data Company (SDC) Platinum™, the online historical financial transactions database, provides the most detailed financial transaction information available on new issues, Mergers and Acquisitions, Bonds, Syndicated Loans, private equity, project finance, poison pills and many more.
SDC Platinum financial securities data
SDC Platinum provides reliable securities data from globally consistent, locally focused sources, backed by Thomson Reuters international team of expert analysts.
With thousands of data points across all asset classes, SDC Platinum's database allows you to analyze investment banking and deal trends, identify comparable transactions and deals, monitor markets and industries, evaluate financial advisors and generate industry-leading league tables and market share analysis.
Content and features
Deals and league tables
Thomson Reuters League Table rankings of investment banks and law firms, generated using SDC Platinum, are the authoritative source in pitch books, annual reports, and marketing materials worldwide. They leverage our contributor relationships with the global deal making community, coupled with secondary sourcing of global news and filings to ensure data accuracy and completeness.
Unrivaled content and coverage
- 1,000,000+ global M&A transactions since the 1970s
- 825,000+ bond deals since the 1970s
- 260,000+ equity capital markets new issues since the 1980s
- 260,000+ global corporate loan transactions since the 1980s
- Approximately 555,000 US municipal new issues and 9,200+ Canadian and international public financings since the 1960s
- 10,300+ global projects announced and financed on a limited or non-recourse basis since the 1980s
- 140,000+ global joint ventures and strategic alliances
- 20,000+ US repurchase programs launched since1985
- Over 3,400 global shareholder activism campaigns
- Over 12,100 poison pill adoptions and amendments
- Over 3,500 US bankruptcy filings since the 1980s, plus nearly 250 recent global bankruptcy filings
Monitor deal trends
Identify deal trends, using hundreds of standard volume or trend analysis tables, and conduct comparable deal analysis to evaluate the market value and multiples of potential transactions.
Analyze won or lost business and market share trends to feed into your strategic planning, and gain a clear view of the competitive landscape assessing your position versus your peers by region, deal type or sector.
Tailored capabilities and functionality
Benefit from a highly flexible database and screening tool for creating complex searches, reports and analysis. Utilize batch session, bulk reporting and logical set capabilities, designed for power information professional users.
Markets and industries
Investment banking and advisory
Monitor deal flow, identify market trends and gain insight into your competitive positioning with Thomson Reuters, the trusted global media partner.