The benchmark provider of choice
Thomson Reuters - Financial Benchmarks
The broadest benchmark coverage
The breadth and depth of our benchmark portfolio is unmatched, spanning all major asset classes and regions worldwide.
Thomson Reuters is the administrator of more than 30 key rates. We also calculate about 50 rates and publish more than 300 OTC benchmarks.
Authorized Benchmark Administrator under EU BMR
As a provider of trusted answers, Thomson Reuters has long been committed to publishing independent and transparent benchmark rates which are designed to be reflective of the markets. The new European Union Benchmark Regulation (EU BMR), which came into effect in January 2018, is consistent with these values.
Our Thomson Reuters Benchmark Services Limited (TRBSL) entity is now approved as an authorized Benchmark Administrator under the EU Benchmark Regulation. TRBSL is the administrator of 4 key rates, including:
- WM/Reuters London 4pm Closing Spot Rate
By becoming an authorized administrator, TRBSL provides solutions which benchmark users can use with confidence, and which benchmark providers can rely on to make their benchmark compliant with EU BMR.
Thomson Reuters Benchmark Services
End-to-end benchmark administration
Our record in end-to-end benchmark administration is proven. Central Banks and local authorities around the world look to us as the pre-eminent provider of financial benchmark services, whether it is by calculating a benchmark for an administrator, or assuming the responsibility for the benchmark as Administrator ourselves. With a robust regulatory framework and ironclad infrastructure, we are uniquely positioned to provide benchmarks built with integrity, transparency and trust.
Where we provide services in connection with benchmark administration, we do so in a manner that is aligned with the International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) principles and EU BMR.
Restoring trust, promoting transparency in benchmark rates
Our culture is committed to integrity.
We are a recognized leader in efforts across the financial industry to reestablish and restore confidence in benchmark rates. Along with our Trust Principles, which since 1941 have been at the foundation of everything we do; we have gained a reputation in the benchmarking business which has meant regulators have solicited our input for reform work under way.
Our flexible service offering
- Secure, auditable and accurate collection, calculation and distribution of benchmarks based on contributions, such as Interbank offered rates, or trade based benchmarks, on behalf of administrators
- Scrutiny and surveillance of inputs and outputs
- Governance and administration of benchmarks
- Secure storage of all inputs, outputs and communications (both electronic and voice) connected with benchmark calculation for later audit
- A range of models for the implementation and administration of fee liability for benchmark data
- Consultancy services on all the above and on the design of new benchmarks and reform of existing benchmarks to ensure alignment with the IOSCO principles and compliance with any other global regulatory standards.
For benchmarks that we administer, users of benchmarks enter into licensing agreements with Thomson Reuters in order to access timely data or use of the benchmark for financial products. Licensing and corresponding fees vary according to intended use of the data, delivery mechanism, as well as the time of delivery (real time versus delayed access).
Benchmark data is made available on Thomson Reuters Eikon, through our financial data feeds as well as through third-party market data vendors and other redistributors.