Financial benchmarks for all major asset classes
The administrator of more than 70 key rates, calculating and publishing more than 350 OTC benchmarks across all major asset classes.
The benchmark provider of choice
The broadest benchmark coverage
The breadth and depth of our benchmark portfolio is unmatched, spanning all major asset classes and regions worldwide.
Thomson Reuters is the administrator of more than 70 key rates, including the LBMA Silver Price, and Canadian Dollar Offered Rate (CDOR), Canadian Overnight Repo Rate Average (CORRA). We also calculate and publish more than 350 OTC benchmarks.
End-to-end benchmark administration
Our record in end-to-end benchmark administration is proven. Central Banks and local authorities around the world look to us as the pre-eminent provider of financial benchmark services. With a robust regulatory framework and ironclad infrastructure, we are uniquely positioned to provide benchmarks built with integrity, transparency and trust.
Where we provide services in connection with benchmark administration, we do so in a manner that is aligned with the International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) principles.
Restoring trust, promoting transparency in benchmark rates
Our culture is committed to integrity.
We are a recognized leader in efforts across the financial industry to reestablish and restore confidence in benchmark rates. Along with our Trust Principles, which since 1941 have been at the foundation of everything we do; we have gained a reputation in the benchmarking business which has meant regulators have solicited our input for reform work under way.
Our flexible service offering
- Secure, auditable and accurate collection, calculation and distribution of benchmarks based on contributions, such as Interbank offered rates, or trade based benchmarks, on behalf of administrators
- Scrutiny and surveillance of inputs and outputs
- Governance and administration of benchmarks
- Secure storage of all inputs, outputs and communications (both electronic and voice) connected with benchmark calculation for later audit
- A range of models for the implementation and administration of fee liability for benchmark data
- Consultancy services on all the above and on the design of new benchmarks and reform of existing benchmarks to ensure alignment with the IOSCO principles and compliance with any other global regulatory standards.
Users of benchmarks are required to enter into licensing agreements with Thomson Reuters in order to access data. Required licensing and corresponding fees vary according to intended use of the data, delivery mechanism, as well as the time of delivery (real time versus delayed access).
Benchmark data is made available on Thomson Reuters Eikon, through our financial data feeds as well as through third-party market data vendors and other redistributors.