More precise, more reliable, more actionable intelligence
Investment professionals rely on Lipper content to help them turn ideas into action, manage risk, and market funds. Its clearly defined methodology and finely tuned classification system make it a superior source for peer performance fund data.
The integrity of Lipper content is the result of stringent processes maintained by the research team and a firm-wide commitment to excellence.
Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, implemented in 1941, ensure the highest ethical standards across all of the company’s businesses. Lipper content is gathered, processed and distributed according to these unwavering principles.
Lipper Fund Data
Unbiased content. Essential tracking intelligence.
View estimated net flows on a daily, weekly or monthly basis – or historical data back to 1992. Filter and view data using Lipper’s proprietary classification system to support specific objectives and to generate new ideas.
Review weekly estimated net flows on US registered mutual funds with historical data dating back to 1992. See where money is moving to pinpoint new market opportunities and keep tabs on the competition.
Lipper Hedge Fund Database
Access data on both actively reporting funds and those that have stopped reporting – an indispensable resource for institutional asset managers and other professionals who monitor the global hedge fund industry.
Lipper Fund Indices
Global Fund Indices
Global Fund Indices use all primary funds in a given classification. This includes liquidated and merged funds over the historic period. They use the average daily cumulative return with a rebalance to equal weights every month end.
US Fund Indices
US Fund Indices use only the largest funds by AUM within a classification or investment objective (peer groups). They provide measurements of the central tendency of similar peer groups. They may be used to describe the returns that an investor could reasonably have expected to achieve in the past.
Active Indices explain individual fund performance versus a given investment objective or classification (peer groups). This allows investment professionals to understand the current and historical sector, industry, country, and security positions taken by their actively managed peers.
Lipper Data Feeds
Lipper content is delivered directly to your desktop. Data on mutual funds, retirement funds, pension funds, insurance products, and more can be customized into feeds that are easily integrated into your applications, websites, and reporting systems.
- Access comprehensive and timely global coverage on mutual funds, retirement funds, pension funds, ETFs, and more. No provider covers as many funds with as much depth and consistency.
- Gain detailed insights on securities holdings with data that’s combined with up to 24 allocation breakdowns and fundamental portfolio characteristics to offer more granularity.
Uniquely calibrated for pinpoint accuracy, Lipper’s fund classification methodology strikes an even balance between consistency and flexibility to help investors navigate an ever-changing investment environment.
Lipper Classification has:
- Unmatched granularity - Over 400 homogenous groups of funds so you can compare “like for like” fund mandates and refine your comparative analysis.
- Style-based holdings classifications - Screen or review funds based on proprietary fund association, local market schemes, or Lipper’s Global Classification of all funds.
- Performance statistics - Data includes more than 70 relative and absolute measures of risk and return to enhance risk management and mitigation.
Lipper is recognized worldwide as the benchmark for fund-performance content for professional and individual investors alike. Ensure that your funds’ holdings and performance are fully covered within Lipper’s database of more than 120,000 funds and 240,000 share classes contributed by hundreds of leading fund-management companies worldwide.