WM/Reuters delivers the industry’s broadest coverage, with both intraday and closing fixes for spot rates, forward contracts and NDFs.
The WM/Reuters 2pm CET benchmark
A subset of the WM/Reuters intraday spot rate service, the 2pm CET fix is calculated based on the same established, published methodology of the full service, which is fully aligned with the IOSCO Principles for Financial Benchmarks. Enhance your view of the markets with the solution that meets your data requirements:
- 32 currencies against the EUR available with a 30-minute delay
- 150+ currencies against the EUR, GBP and USD available as a subscription of the WM/Reuters intraday service
Backed by integrity and continued innovation
In 2016, Thomson Reuters acquired The World Markets Company’s WM/Reuters FX benchmark calculation business from State Street Corporation.
For more than 20 years, WM/Reuters FX rates have served as fully independent, objective, unbiased sources for FX data. We pledge to ensure that the benchmarks remain trusted and fundamental components of market infrastructure – and are continually enhanced as market needs change.
Fully transparent, IOSCO-aligned methodology
Our published and transparent calculation methodology is fully aligned with the IOSCO Principles for Financial Benchmarks.
Designed to bring greater transparency to pricing in the FX market, WM/Reuters rates are built with data sourced directly from market transactions, applying multiple validation techniques on captured and calculated rates to result in accurate spot rates for each fix throughout the day.
The trusted industry standard
More than 1,000 financial institutions currently rely on the WM/Reuters rates for greater clarity in evaluating global markets.
The following organizations use WM/Reuters rates to calculate the indices they provide:
- Citigroup Global Markets Ltd
- FTSE International Ltd
- IPD (International Property Database)
- JP Morgan Securities Ltd
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Inc
- Morgan Stanley Capital International Ltd
- OMX (Stockholm Stock Exchange Ltd)
- Standard & Poors
- STOXX LTD
The following associations recommend the WM/Reuters rates to their members as a standard when valuing portfolios with overseas holdings:
- ACI Suisse (The Financial Markets Association)
- AFXC (Australian Foreign Exchange Committee)
- IFSA (The Investment and Financial Services Association)
- PFA (Japan Pension Fund Association)
- NZFMA (New Zealand Financial Markets Association)